You can also listen to this (and other interviews) as a podcast:
Should you believe the hype?
New technologies like Web3, blockchain, and the metaverse are finding new advocates and critics every day.
The challenge for tech leaders is to know which technologies you should invest your time in, and which you should approach with caution.
Perhaps there are even some technologies that are simply a distraction, and the less time you spend on them, the better.
But how can you tell which technologies have potential, and which don’t?
That’s the question we tried to answer on the next Tech Leaders Hub session.
Our guest was Espen Sande Larsen, Senior Vice President Of Technology Exploration at DNB, the largest bank and financial services group in Norway.
We discussed about:
– the hype trains tech leaders are on
– whether you should really be excited about Web3, blockchain, the metaverse, and other technologies
– what the history of Web 2.0 can teach us about the hype for Web3
– who actually wins in the hype cycle
– additional advice from Espen on hiring, management, and team composition
Get more guides, news, and videos from STX Next!